Sunday, June 24, 2007

Why I write

Life for me is not a continuous path, but rather a losely link series of vivid events. At least that's how I remember it. Somewhere in my lifes journey, I realized that writing is a gift...it comes from God as all gifts do. I don't know when, but one day long ago, it became important for me to capture an experience in writing and save it. I've written ever since. Trying so hard to tell a story so well, that the reader can feel what I felt. Sometimes it's hard, and sometimes I fail miserably, but still I try. In my life I've been blessed richly. I've parachuted and scuba dived in the great Pacific Northwest. Climbed mountains and bridges. Loved deeply and learned to be aware of wonder. So many things...and to coin the phrase, "I've lived to tell about it!" I like this blog thing...I'll find a way to save these entries for my daughters and convince myself that they'll care. Nothing too deep today...just a hint of why I write.

No comments: