Sunday, May 27, 2007

Random thoughts

A few weeks ago, Kids Klub ended. I teach 5th and 6th grade boys with a military theme. They love it - I love it. Our end of year show was about King David and his mighty men...they stuck together (most of the time). They relied on God. They were real men...men's men.

Life kind of exploded after that night. Sometimes life does that. And sometimes I write too much here. In life, like in battle, explosions are rule - not the exception. I gather my strength by embracing the pressure, feeling it, and expressing it (sometimes in words on this page). Sometimes that's hard for my friends. My life has been blessed with other men. A ranger buddy, a wingman, and a prayer partner (see below for all). ...and a father. Segway. I work for a college managing construction. We went right from graduation (May 15th) to construction with a 2 day trip to NYC in the middle. Personal matters were further burdening my life. Somewhere in the fury of it all, I called my day, and never gave it another thought. Until last week. My secretary yelled in, "It's your father." My father? I wondered if someone died. "I know you're busy, but I just wanted to call and say I'm praying for you. How are things going?" The call was short, I was late for a meeting. But the impact was immense. He was there. My wingman and my prayer partner were there too. And so many others. Sometimes the battle is won by the force with the stronges will and the greatest encouragement. And sometimes it's won because of close air support. I guess I'm blessed...I have both.

No comments: