Sunday, May 6, 2007

Life can be hard...or Prayer Partners

This is an entry I've waited way to long to write. I have a Ranger Buddy - see way below. And I have a Wing Man - also see way below. The point is, as a man, I need other men in my life to keep me strong, sharp and balanced. They challenge me, encourage me and keep me accountable... Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Most Wednesday mornings at 6AM I get together with a guy from church. Sometimes we just talk. Sometimes we just pray. And every once in a while we just sit there and look at each other suspiciously. We always bust on each. But what's most important is that we know each others stuff. Our pastor always say, "you need at least one person in your life who knows enough about you to put you in jail." Chip could put me in jail...I consider myself safe because I could send him there as well. We know each others family, children, fears, concerns...stuff. You know what I mean by "stuff" right. We draw close and distant in the ebb and flow of time and business, but in my heart I always know he's there holding me up, holding me accountable to the high calling we each have in Christ Jesus. I thank God nearly every day for my prayer partner - for Chip - and for the men in my life like him. We can't do it alone, and we were never meant to. Thanks brother...from my heart.

No comments: