Sunday, April 29, 2007

Why I blog...

This post is really an edit of a recent entry called "Why I write." But in it, I realized that I'd told a fib by ommission. The truth is, I write because Calvin over there inspires me! Now back to the blog previously in progress...

That's a pretty complex question, but I have several answers. First, I suppose I write because I've always written. For as long as I can remember. Keeping a history, telling a story, sharing an experience; all these things are important to me. A friend today shared a couple of thoughts about my blog. At first he thought it was strange (maybe not quite his words), but as he read, he warmed up to the idea. A chance to get to know his friend a little better perhaps. But what I thought was really cool...a chance for me to record history for my daughters. I guess I better find out how to archive these things in case the system crashes. I wish I had deep thoughts about all this...I really don't. I just like to write, and I guess I'm blessed with an audiance no matter how small! So to you my readers, I say thank you. My life spills out here, and sometimes pieces of my heart, and for whatever reason, you care. I feel honored.

No comments: