Friday, April 17, 2009

I've got you babe... Letterboxing

We've been geocaching for several months now, and really enjoy it. Tonight we were FTF (first to find) at a beautiful cache that overlooked the lake, through a vinyard at sunset. Breathtaking. Geocaching is a family event, and mostly a 'dad and the kids event.' So two weeks ago I took up letterboxing with just my bride. It's a similar game, find a cache online; follow the clues; find the tupperware. Here's where it get's different. The tupperware contains a log book and hopefully a handcarved rubber stamp. You bring a stamp...you find a stamp...and then you stamp each others logbooks. It's a treasure hunt, an artform and quality time with just my bride all in one.


That's us...we're Sonny and Cher. Look us up on http://www.atlasquest.com/ And if you chance upon us on the caching trail maybe we'll sing a bar of "I've got you babe..." It's our song, after all!



No comments: