Friday, April 17, 2009

Brown M&Ms

When I was a kid, Van Halen came to Syracuse, NY. In addition to trashing the hotel, David Lee Roth demanded M&Ms...with all the brown ones removed. I always thought that was funny. It's funny how it's stuck with me for so many years. Last week I was asked to speak to a small group of graduating seniors. A wonderful young lady sent me an email, "Is there anything you need for Wednesday night?" Without hesitation I responded simply, 'M&Ms, browns removed." I never gave it another thought...until Wednesday night arrived, and on my podium was a cup of M&Ms. I set up the computer, wondering who had left their candy there. The screen fired up and only then did I check the second cup out of curiosity...yes - filled with Brown M&Ms! I laughed outloud to myself, felt slightly embarassed, and really quite happy. I guess it's true what they say - you don't get what you don't ask for. Thanks Ashley!

No comments: