Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Small world


Who knows where little events take us? I sent a travel bug out there. A set of my airborne wings from 20 years ago clipped to a modern army dogtag logo. I great friend dropped it in Tacoma Washington - it's mission was to go to Ft. Lewis, and then return home. If things go well, this bug is about to be redeployed...to Afghanistan! A soldiers mom picked it up - soldiers mom's are the best! She left a note that it would be fun to send, but safer to just move it to NY as planned. I wrote back..."send it overseas." So if the extraction mission goes as planned, the wings will be recalled to duty; HOOAH! I'm excited by this. I'm moved emotionally by it. And I'm humbled by these little connections my silly hobby sometimes makes.
More later I'm sure.

No comments: