Friday, July 3, 2009

Fathers



Prayer. Perhaps that's the answer to what fathers do best. Or at least that's what they should do. No, that's not his daughter - it's mine. He prays for her almost every day...and he prays for me the same. It's not her father - it's mine. She's comfortable on his lap, hands folded. And he's delighted to be with her. I think in this moment, there's no place either of them would rather be. Think of it from my perspective. My daughter, with my father, praying to our Father. For men of faith, there is no greater joy than this. If you don't share our faith, you may not get it all, but you surely must understand great love.


This is Father's Day, 2009. On the tomorrow of this day, they'll be leaving for Myrtle Beach. Rough life for a kid, don't you think. Today's an especially special Father's Day...can I share why with you?


No comments: