Sunday, December 31, 2006

One Nation Under God (Revised)

I had a small debate about the Clinton administration with my boss...I noted that the question is really, "are we still a Nation under God?" We both agreed that the answer was no. The Nation needs our prayer and I'm jealous of a friend of mine. She and her husband are going to the National prayer breakfast with George W! Too cool!!!

On a different note, Saddam Hussein is about to be hung, and I've been considering this morning how I feel about the execution. As a patriot, I think he needed to hang (though I do wonder if was really him?). As a Christian, though I believe in capital punishment, I still wonder... A neat thing happened this morning. The Lord said to me, "Pray for the president with your daughter." And I did. It was an emotional experience and one filled with tears. I wonder what she thought, but she too prayed, really prayed. She's 10, and though she doesn't understand world events, she understands W. needs prayer. I'm so proud of her.

No comments: