Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The importance of being dangerous

From Sheakspeare...
Let me have men around me who are fat,
Sleek-headed men, and men who sleep at night.
Cassius, over there, has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.

Caesar describes Cassius in these terms. I don't read Sheakspeare mind you (I don't even care if I spelled his name right!), but I find these words interesting for some reason. There's something wrong with leaders who fear men like Cassius isn't there? I think maybe Rome collapsed, among many other reasons, for lack of men like Cassius. Men like Cassius are dangerous aren't they...if you're Caesar. So were men like Stephen and John. Paul, Matthew, Joshua and Caleb. Dangerous men change the world. Not deep thoughts today - just thoughts.

No comments: