Monday, January 19, 2009

Write your own story...

When I started this blog thing, I struggled to find center, to find a meaning and a purpose. It helps to friend who steers me when I go astray...or when he thinks I've gone astray ; ) Somewhere in this written journey, I have found purpose. To write a story - my story. Sometimes it's about a moment. Sometimes about an event. Sometimes a memory. And sometimes it's just good old fashioned sarcasm! But it's important because it's mine. The stuff that piqued my interest, touched my heart, angered me or made me laugh.

My editor often passes on wisdom I have to steep like tea to realize fully. And though it shocks me each time, his words can be profound ; ) So, I was scolded for adding the year in review as a JibJab entry, and instructed to write my own summary of 2008. I think the JibJab fulfills my "sarcasm quota." My friends words however point to a much more important theme. Think about these words and make an effort.

"life is too short....you read others.....but write your story."

Thanks for reminding me why I do this thing that I do Mr. Editor.

Happy 2009!

No comments: