Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sixth Grade Math...it's what I do (AKA "Facebook")

I have a facebook page and 100+ friends. That's not unusual, in fact it's probobally kind of small given today's culture. There's one "friend" however, who after 31 years has once again made an impression. Let's just call him Mr. Sobierajski for conversation sake. I always believed he had our best in mind, despite his "...get with the program" attitude and Spock like precision and intensity.

I was lamenting in the Chris is... portion of facebook. 6th grade math. Fractions. Bleck! I've been helping my daughter/relearning 6th grade math. Imagine how 1977 flashed back when this message sprang onto my PDA: "Suck it up Button..."







That voice with it's Drill Sergeant timbre came back like a flood, and along with it so many thoughts that melted into a remembering smile. I hated math...but still appreciate Mr. Sobierajski. He may actually be the reason I passed Calculus - barely!

No comments: