Sunday, May 17, 2009

Some dad's just get it - Part 2

The school play was tonight and the girls have been begging me to go. We sat in the back together at first, then two of the three drifted over to their friends. I sat in the dark holding and roughhousing and hugging and snuggling with my middlest girl. We were in the last row, no one behind us...just enjoying the play, and enjoying each others company. Intermission came and I realized there was someone behind us. She tapped me on the shoulder, "I don't want to embarass you, but I just thought it's wonderful the way you're loving on your daughter." There was emotion in her face and she went on just a little more... "It's wonderful to see you, kind of a bear of a man being so gentle and loving." Hmmmm...I never thought of myself as a bear, and I'm not sure if that means I'm manly, or need to lose 50 pounds?! But it was nice to hear. I love my girls dearly, and I go to great lengths to associate with dads who "get it." Sometimes it's nice to be recognized as one of those men! Thanks...whoever you were.

No comments: